Sunday, September 27, 2009

As if I don't already have too much to do...

My name is Heather. I am a 25 year old music teacher applying to MBA programs in Southern California. I was born to an Episcopalian and a Quaker/Methodist. I have been thinking about religion for some time. You could call it struggling but I wouldn't. 


As my "just for fun" book of choice this fall I've decided to take a leaf out of former President George W. Bush's Book. I'm going to read the Bible before anything else this (school) year (besides my GMAT study guides). I've never read it from cover to cover before, only in sections during a service.


Where I am right now: 

Moses and Aaron are leading the hebrews to the Red Sea. 


What I never noticed before:

Moses was slow of speech. This makes me want to watch the movie The Ten Commandments and see how Charlton Heston portrays Moses. Maybe after all my applications are in (around the first week in January) I'll rent it and see how it is. Has anyone seen it? Is it any good?


1 comment:

  1. All I remember is the walls of water standing up as the children of Israel walked through the Red Sea and then the walls crashed down on the soldiers following them. But I don't think Charlton had as much trouble talking as Moses really did. He seemed pretty sure of things when he spoke in the movie. In the Bible story, I thought it was interesting that 3 times Moses begged God not to make him go back and God did finally say Aaron could go with him and speak for him. I love your adventure here!

    ReplyDelete