Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Adultery

Leviticus 20: 10 If a man commits adultery with the wife of his neighbor, both the adulterer and the adulteress shall be put to death.

So what if it's not your neighbor's wife with which you commit this crime? Are we to assume that everyone is your neighbor in this scenario? And if that is so, what if it's a hooker? Lot's of questions about this one.
I've never understood why or how this could happen. Yes, there are lots of other fish in the sea. It's really fun to have a fish and throw it back, but it's not very nice if the fish is told it's the only one you're going to eat. Then the fish goes back in the ocean with a big ol' bite mark in it's side. Do you know how hard it is to swim with that kind of pain?
I guess what I'm trying to say is if there are problems just end it before riding off into the sunset (or whatever you're riding off into). Wow! So many animal analogies today.

P.S. Sorry it's been so long since my last post. I've gotten many of my application essays done and sent away for my transcripts and recommendations. I've gotten a lot done, just not this. I've continued reading and am now just finishing numbers so there will be lots more posts in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment